To make the tempeh: Slice it into thin pieces. Mix all of the ingredients for the marinade. Brush the tempeh slices with it on both sides. Set it aside in the fridge while you prepare the rest.
To make the dressing: place all of the ingredients in a small jar with a lid. Cover it with the lid and shake it to emulsify it. Set it aside.
Cook the noodles as instructed on the package. They need to be tender but not mushy.. Then quickly rinse them under cold water to stop the cooking.
To cook the tempeh, heat up a pan (preferably one that is non-stick) over medium heat. Once the pan is hot, cook the tempeh until it is slightly caramelized on both sides. This will only take a few minutes so keep an eye on it.
To serve: Divide the noodles into 2 bowls. Add the tempeh, cucumber, bean sprouts, broccoli sprouts and carrots. Sprinkle with some toasted peanuts and garnish with some mint leaves. Serve with the dressing on the side.
• 250grs of rice vermicelli noodles
For the marinated tempeh:
• 150grs of Tempeh, sliced into thin pieces
• 2 tablespoons of tamarind paste
• 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
• 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
• 1 teaspoon of lemongrass powder
• 1 teaspoon of onion powder
• Pinch of cayenne
• Pinch of salt
For the dressing:
- 1 tablespoon of minced ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 small bird’s eye chili, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup of sesame oil
- 1/4 cup of white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of agave syrup
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
For the toppings:
- 5 tablespoons of unsalted peanuts, chopped and toasted in a pan
- ½ a cucumber, thinly sliced (I used a mandoline, but you can also just slice it with a knife)
- ½ a cup of shredded carrots
- A handful of soy bean sprouts
- A handful of broccoli sprouts
- Mint for decoration