Place the olive oil in a pan over medium-low heat. Add the red chili, cumin, onion and puntpaprika. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent. This will take about 5 minutes.
Then add the garlic and cook for an extra minute.
Add the chopped canned tomatoes and also the liquid from the can. Stir to combine.
Let it cook for about 10-15 minutes, stirring from time to time. You want the sauce to thicken. Taste for salt.
Using a large spoon make a well in the tomato sauce to add the eggs. Pour the egg in the space that you created. Repeat for the remaining eggs. Cover the pan with a lid and cook for about 5 minutes. Until the whites are just set and the yolks are still runny.
Serve with some sliced avocado, mixed sprouts and some crusty bread.
This recipe serves 2.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- ½ of a red chili, finely chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- ½ of a medium red onion
- 800grs of whole peeled canned tomatoes, chopped into small pieces (2 cans)
- 1 puntpaprika, chopped into small pieces
- 4 eggs
- Pinch of cumin
- Salt to taste
- Crusty bread for serving
- 1 avocado, sliced
- Mixed sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of chopped parsley