This recipe serves 2.
Preheat your oven to 200C and line a baking tray with parchment paper.
Slice each eggplant in half lengthwise. Then slice each piece again in half lengthwise.
In a small bowl, mix the harissa with the olive oil, vinegar, onion powder, honey and a pinch of salt. Mix the sauce well.
Arrange the sliced eggplants in a single layer on the prepared baking tray. Brush each slice with about 1/3 of the sauce. Roast them for 40 minutes. Halfway through the roasting time, brush them again with the sauce. Once the 40 minutes are up, brush them again with the last remaining sauce. Then broil them for 5-10 minutes depending on your oven, until it caramelizes a bit.
To plate: Place half of the Labneh on each plate. Add the roasted eggplants. Sprinkle with some china rose sprouts, finely chopped coriander and some pomegranate seeds. Serve with some bread.
For the roasted eggplants:
- 2 medium eggplants
- 4 tablespoons of harissa
- 4 tablespoons of honey
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar (or white vinegar)
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- Pinch of salt
- 300ml of Labneh
- 4 tablespoons of pomegranate seeds
- China rose sprouts
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped coriander
- Bread for serving (like Lebanese flatbread or any kind that you like)